There's no place like home
Ready to say goodbye to your landlord? With help from Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home, you'll not only find the right house for you, you'll have fun doing it.
Learn how to:
- research the local market and listings
- choose a house, condo, co-op, or townhouse
- create a realistic budget
- qualify for a loan you can truly afford
- borrow a down payment from friends or family
- protect yourself with inspections and insurance, and
- negotiate and close the deal successfully.
You'll find insights from 15 real estate professionals--agents, attorneys, mortgage specialists, a home inspector, and more. It's like having a team of experts by your side Plus, read real-life stories of over 20 first-time homebuyers.
Download the Homebuyer's Toolkit
Dozens of customizable forms that will help you find your dream home, crunch the numbers, interview real estate professionals, inspect the house thoroughly, and more-- more details inside.