-Please do not come to the store until you get a confirmation email that your order is complete and ready for pickup!
-Please place orders for pre-order titles separately. If your pre-order is placed with other titles, please note that we will add additional shipping fees.
-Women & Children First is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
Perhaps someone in your family has been diagnosed with Alzheimer disease--or maybe you worry about developing memory loss yourself. In Is It Alzheimer's?, Dr. Peter V. Rabins, a top expert in the field, educates readers by answering 101 often-asked questions about memory loss and dementia.
Written in a conversational, easy-to-use Q&A style, the book is organized into seven unique sections. A companion to the best-selling The 36-Hour Day, which Dr. Rabins coauthored, this book discusses
- how to distinguish typical memory loss from early dementia
- how dementia is diagnosed
- what factors play a role in the progression of dementia
- whether it's possible to lower your risk of developing Alzheimer disease or dementia
- how to improve the quality of life of people with dementia
- how to assess long-term care facilities and nursing homes
- available treatments, including medication
- how to explain the symptoms of Alzheimer disease and dementia to others
- how to provide caregivers with psychological and emotional support
- and much more
Aimed at friends and family members of the estimated 5.1 million US adults with dementia, as well as adults who are concerned about developing dementia, the book offers helpful directions and comfort. Is It Alzheimer's? is a quick, accessible, and essential reference for anyone who hopes to navigate the confusion of dementing illnesses.