Expertly researched and designed, National Geographic's World Wall Map is the authoritative map of the world by which other reference maps are measured.
- Signature Classic style map with bright, easy to read color palette with blue oceans and colorful borders
- Background shows mountain ranges and valleys in subtle shaded relief with mountain ranges labeled
- Major water bodies including rivers, lakes, glaciers, oceans, seas, gulfs, bays, straits, and bathymetry
- Clearly defined international boundaries, cities, islands, airports, and physical features
- Thousands of place names carefully and artfully placed to maintain legibility in heavily populated areas
- Up-to-date international boundaries and territorial control reflect de facto status on the ground
- Meticulously researched using multiple authoritative sources including the U.N., U.S. Board on Geographic Names, and policies of individual governments.
- Accurate place names use a combination of conventional English names, official national names, and standard transliterations for non-Latin alphabets.
- Drawn in Winkel Tripel projection with distortions minimized unlike other World maps (e.g. Greenland is shown the same size as Argentina, not South America)
- Corner inset maps feature vegetation, land use, population density, and north and south polar regions
The 36" x 24" poster size supports easy and affordable framing and mounting, and takes less wall space than standard wall maps.The map is encapsulated in heavy-duty 1.6 mil laminate which makes the paper much more durable and resistant to the swelling and shrinking caused by changes in humidity. Laminated maps can be framed without the need for glass, so the frames can be much lighter and less expensive. Map Scale = 1:37,213,000Sheet Size = 36" x 24"