With I Can Draw Disney: Magical Characters, embark on an artistic journey full of magic-filled characters from the world of Disney!
Develop your drawing skills while accompanying such characters as Mickey from Fantasia, Mrs. Potts and Chip from Beauty and the Beast,
and Tinker Bell from Peter Pan.
You can draw with confidence using the simple basic shapes method, no matter your skill level.
This 32-page collection
begins with an introduction to art tools and materials. Then a series of drawing exercises invites you to warm up and learn the basic drawing technique used in this book. Now the real fun begins. The hardest part is choosing which Disney character to start with! Begin with any of the following classic favorites:
- Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey from Fantasia (1940)
- Pinocchio from Pinocchio (1940)
- Jaq & Gus from Cinderella (1950)
- The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland (1951)
- Tinker Bell from Peter Pan (1953)
- Flora, Fauna & Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty (1959)
- Mrs. Potts & Chip from Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Mushu from Mulan (1998)
- Olaf from Frozen and Frozen II (2013, 2019)
The easy-to-follow instructions
in this book guide you through the drawing process; each step builds upon the last until the character is complete. You just need to grab a pencil, a piece of paper, and your copy of I Can Draw Disney: Magical Characters,
and then flip to the character you want to draw.
- Draw the basic shapes shown in step one, and move on to step two, step three, and keep going! The new lines in each step are shown in blue, so you can see exactly what you need to draw.
- After adding all the details in each step, darken the lines you want to keep and erase the rest.
- Finally, add color to your drawing with felt-tip markers, colored pencils, watercolors, or acrylic paints.
Plus, learn some fun facts about these Disney characters as you learn to draw them. Brief character descriptions
and art instruction from professional Disney animators
round out this exciting artistic adventure.
So grab your drawing pencil and learn to draw a variety of magical characters!
About the Author
Disney Storybook Artists are a team of illustrators of fine children's books based on the creative animation of Walt Disney Animation Studios. With talented artistry and masterful storytelling, Disney Storybook Artists help bring the magic of Disney animation into the hearts and homes of families everywhere.