Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Get inspired and get ready for adventure with the ultimate guide to Europe’s best trips! Moon Grand European Journeys: Unforgettable Trips by Road, Rail, Sea & More features:
Whether it’s your first trip to Europe or your fortieth, find your adventure with Moon Grand European Journeys.About Moon Travel Guides:
- Strategic lists and itineraries for every type of journey: Choose from the best cities, road trips, rail excursions, outdoor adventures, and more, with ideas for first-timers, solo travelers, and families
- Can't-miss stops throughout Europe: Hike the craggy cliffs of the Amalfi Coast, hit the road in Iceland to see stunning waterfalls and glaciers, and find your new favorite arrondissement in Paris. See the dramatic Scotland scenery from the window of a historic steam train or unwind on the sundrenched shores of the Greek Islands. Follow in the footsteps of a thousand years of pilgrims along the Camino de Santiago, tap your foot to the tune of traditional music in Ireland, and feel quintessentially Dutch as you cycle past windmills and farmland in the Netherlands
- The best local flavors: Sip a hand-pulled pint of frothy Guinness in Dublin or a rich cabernet sauvignon in a vineyard in Bordeaux. Try delicacies like creamy goat cheese in Santorini and pickled herring in Stockholm. Indulge in a chocolate sachertorte in an elegant Viennese café, savor street foods in Istanbul, or pull up a chair in a Roman trattoria for a bowl of cacio e pepe
- Expert advice from writer and photographer Lucas Peters, who has spent the past two decades traveling in Europe
- Comprehensive planning resources: Easy-to-use maps, helpful info on things to do, lodging, and dining for every journey, and tips for minimizing your environmental impact along the way
- Gorgeous, full-color photos and a fold-out map
- Essential background on every mode of travel, including information on train passes and reservations, fuel, rules of the road, border crossings, and currency
Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
About the Author
Writer and photographer Lucas Peters has spent much of the past two decades exploring and developing his love for Europe. He has sipped wine with the monks at the Rila Monastery in Bulgaria, squeezed through a melting glacier in Iceland, and awkwardly tried to dance in the hippest club in Berlin. He has busked on the streets of London, concussed himself snowboarding in the Alps, road-tripped with friends through most of Italy and discovered that not all roads lead to Rome (and that it is a very good idea to travel with an old-fashioned road map). He has ordered lunch in Czech, negotiated a car rental in Bulgarian, and talked himself out of a parking ticket in Granada using very, very broken Spanish. Today, from his base in Tangier, he often finds himself peering over the Strait of Gibraltar to Spain from his balcony, dreaming about tapas.
Lucas has written and photographed articles ranging geographically from Iceland to Bulgaria for outlets as varied as En Route, Transitions Abroad,Travel Zoo, The Luxury Blog, Verge Magazine, Veg News, and Travel + Leisure. The author of Moon Morocco and Moon Marrakesh & Beyond, he also recently contributed to Our Morocco: Moroccans and Expats Share Their Hopes, Dreams, and Adventure.
Today, Lucas lives in Tangier with his wife and two kids. Together, as a multi-lingual family, they continue to explore Morocco: the small towns dotting the national roads, the difficult-to-access mountain villages, and secluded beaches.