21st-Century Data Storage
ZFS, the fast, flexible, self-healing filesystem, revolutionized data storage. Leveraging ZFS changes everything about managing FreeBSD systems.
With FreeBSD Mastery: ZFS, you'll learn to:
- understand how your hardware affects ZFS
- arrange your storage for optimal performance
- configure datasets that match your enterprise's needs
- repair and monitor storage pools
- expand your storage
- use compression to enhance performance
- determine if deduplication is right for your data
- understand how copy-on-write changes everything
- snapshot filesystems
- automatically rotate snapshots
- clone filesystems
- understand how ZFS uses and manages space
- do custom FreeBSD ZFS installs
Whether you're a long-term FreeBSD administrator or a new user, FreeBSD Mastery: ZFS will help you simplify storage.
Master ZFS with FreeBSD Mastery: ZFS.