"How To Do Jiu Jitsu For Beginners" is oriented toward teaching basic jiu-jitsu techniques for self-defense. The book shows the user how to control stand up aspects of a fight as well as ground aspects. Over 200 photos are combined with step-by-step instructions to illustrate effective application of jiu-jitsu moves. The accompanying text offers further insight in the various techniques and principles of jiu-jitsu.
From a standing perspective, the e-book will explain how to keep the distance in a fight as well as what type of takedowns an attacker may employ. The text outlines these takedowns in detail and show ways to avoid or counter these techniques. Users are instructed on how to perform these vary same takedowns, so that the defender can become the attacker should the need arise.
On the ground, the text and photos outline how to control an attacker who wants to harm the defender. Defense for stopping punches, how to control an attacker, and how to reverse positions, are all covered in the text. "How To Do Jiu-Jitsu For Beginners" also details how to attack on the ground, first from the back and then from top position. Finally, the text for ground work shows how to stand up quickly and effectively to get away from an opponent on the ground or to face a standing opponent.
The jiu-jitsu text is broken down into the 7 distinct sections below:
1. Takedowns, takedown defense, and movement - this will relay movement, some basic takedowns, and how to defend against them.
2. Standing in guard - this will detail basic defense against an opponent who pushes or knocks you to the ground yet stays standing.
3. Escapes - this will show how to move from a submissive position to a dominant position on the ground by using basic escapes.
4. Sweeps - similar to the Escapes section, this will detail how to move from a submissive position to a dominant position using basic sweeps.
5. Attacks from guard - closed guard is one of the greatest defensive and offensive positions for a person on their back. This section will offer a few key attacks and chains for defending off your back.
6. Attacks from mount - this will show you how to control and attack from the top mount once you have achieved it.
7. Putting it together - this section will show you how to chain some of these movements together.
To stress the importance of cross training, a brief section discussing stand up striking and some basic boxing principles is included. This is designed to help the user understand that every form of martial arts has some merit, and that cross training will benefit a person's self-defense ability. After finishing this text, and with proper practice, a person will understand and be able to apply the some basic skills of jiu-jitsu for self-defense.
HowExpert publishes quick 'how to' guides on all topics from A to Z by everyday experts.