Travel more sustainably with this fascinating second edition of Amazing Train Journeys featuring 60 of the world's most unforgettable railway experiences. Discover epic new routes including Japan's Nozomo Shinkansen; the upgraded Tangier-Marrakech line in Morocco; and more - and get ready to watch the world roll by as you rumble along the tracks.
Savour the breathtaking views across Loch Shiel as you pass over the infamous 21-arched viaduct on the Jacobite Steam Train; or alight the historic Rocky Mountaineer for a luxurious journey through the breathtaking Canadian Rockies. Each of the 60 excursions provides a handy route map, stunning images and photography, infographics showing key stops, and an expertly written description of the journey that lies ahead. This is the definitive guide for anyone wishing to embark on a sustainable trip or enjoy a more meditative and mindful experience as they travel through a place rather than over it.
Inside Amazing Train Journeys 2nd Edition:
- 60 of the best train journeys on the planet from classic long-haul trips to little-known gems and even those which have achieved Unesco World Heritage status
- Stunning images and photography to inspire your next railway adventure
- Expert insights and fascinating background information that bring each train experience to life
- Perfect travel inspiration for anyone interested in navigating our planet sustainably
- Content includes Tazara Railway (Tanzania & Zambia); The Rocky Mountaineer (Canada); the Coast Starlight (USA); Perurail’s Lake Titicaca Railway (Peru); The Darjeeling Toy Train (India); The Hokkaido Shinkansen (Japan); The Eastern & Oriental Express (Thailand to Singapore); The Glacier Express (Switzerland); Fort William to Mallaig by Jacobite (UK); Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways (Wales); The Ghan (Australia); The TranzAlpine (New Zealand); and many more!
Snake your way through mountain peaks, along mesmerising coastlines, or past patchwork fields with this alluring take on the greatest train journeys in the world. This epic guide makes the perfect gift for the railway enthusiast in your life, or the ultimate read to keep you on track when planning your next big adventure.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is the world's number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travellers each year online and in print and helps them unlock amazing experiences. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet), and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).