The Street Agent: After Taking on the Mob, the Klan and the Aryan Nations, He Walks Softly and Carries a .357 Magnum--The True Story (Hardcover)

COVID-19 Notification

*** Thank you for your overwhelming support! Please note: we are 48 hours behind processing online orders.

*** If you choose "In Store Pickup" as your delivery method, but you'd prefer to pick up your order via contactless pickup, please type "CONTACTLESS PICKUP" in the order comments box at checkout. Please note: contactless pickup is available in the parking lot behind the bookstore ONLY on Mondays and Thursdays from 1 to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you do not specify "CONTACTLESS PICKUP" your order will be waiting for you behind the register inside the bookstore. 

*** Women & Children First is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.

The Street Agent: After Taking on the Mob, the Klan and the Aryan Nations, He Walks Softly and Carries a .357 Magnum--The True Story Cover Image
Email or call for price.
Special Order

Description


As a team leader of an FBI SWAT Team, Wayne Manis engaged bank robbers, fugitives and terrorists in armed confrontations. Near the end of his career, Wayne led a team of agents in the search for terrorists who threatened the members of the U. S. Congress and sent them a formal "Declaration of War." Within the FBI, it is said that only 10% of the agents are good "street agents." The remaining 90% are administrators, program managers or lead-covering agents. The street agents are the heart of the Bureau. They discover and define particular criminal activity and decide how best to attack it. Once the target is defined and a plan is formulated, the street agents' hit the bricks' and systematically destroy or dismantle the criminal enterprise. Manis was part of that 10%. Perhaps no other agent in the history of the FBI has traveled as diverse a course as he did during his tenure as an undercover agent working on cases such as "The Weather Underground," the "Ku Klux Klan" and the Mafia. This book is his story.
Product Details
ISBN: 9781933909608
ISBN-10: 1933909609
Publisher: History Publishing Co LLC
Publication Date: July 15th, 2014
Pages: 439
Language: English