Beginning this Women's History Month, we're collaborating with Chicago Books for Women in Prison to offer a special bundle of three books every quarter. This time we've selected three books that will help CBWP fill more of the requests they get from women and trans people in prisons across the country. Now through May, buy a bundle for CBWP featuring:
- Shine on: Empowering Affirmations for Extraordinary Women
- Books of affirmations are some of the most popular requests, and this will help give more readers behind bars the words of support they want.
- Heart Berries: A Memoir
- CBWP always needs more good books by indigenous authors, and this one touches on themes of abuse and trauma, common experiences of women in prison.
- Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation
- A graphic novel, (grim) fantasy, Black literature—this classic by Octavia Butler will be the perfect choice for many requests.
Watch for future bundles and other ways to help CBWP get more good reading in the hands of people in prison.