Take your art in a bold new direction—go gouache! In Creative Gouache, artist Ruth Wilshaw shares her step-by-step techniques for creating brilliantly vibrant effects with this easy-to-master medium, a perfect companion for transparent watercolor.
In this comprehensive guide to gouache, you’ll:
- Get an overview of essential materials and surfaces.
- Learn basic handling and coloring-mixing techniques, including layering, creating blends, and adjusting opacity, plus troubleshooting tips for common challenges, such as dealing with shifts in color and value from wet to dry.
- Explore how to paint fun, simple motifs, flowers, butterflies, landscapes, and lettering.
- Discover fun gouache techniques, such as adding texture and painting gradients and blends.
- Learn how to incorporate other mediums with gouache, including paint pens, colored pencil, and watercolor.
- Use what you learn to create inspiring projects such as dimensional artwork, clay décor pieces, and cheerful banners.
See what you can create with gorgeous, wall-to-wall color with Creative Gouache!
Perfect for creative beginners, the books in the Art for Modern Makers series take a fun, practical approach to learning about and working with paints and other art mediums to create beautiful DIY projects and crafts.