Thank you for your interest in attending our event with Gloria Steinem and Roxane Gay. We are officially sold out of all tickets.
Gloria Steinem will be discussing her forthcoming memoir My Life on the Road with Roxane Gay, author of Bad Feminist.
- This is a ticketed event.
- This event will be held at the People’s Church (941 W. Lawrence Ave).
- You MUST preorder or purchase the hardcover version of Gloria’s forthcoming memoir My Life on the Road from Women & Children First to attend. Purchase of this book from Women & Children comes with a ticket to the event. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer companion tickets for this event.
- My Life on the Road publishes on Tuesday, October 27th. Preordered tickets and books will be available for you to pick up at the bookstore from 11 a.m. on October 27th until 3 p.m. on October 29th. You will also be able to pick up your books and tickets at the door of the People's Church the night of the event. To avoid the inevitable long line, we strongly recommend that you pick up books and tickets at the store in advance.
- Doors of the People's Church will open at 6:15 p.m the night of the event. The program will begin at 7 p.m. The signing will follow the event from approximately 8 to 10 p.m.**
- Parking is available for $10 at Weiss Memorial Hospital Parking Garage, 4652 N Clarendon St, which is an 8-minute walk to the venue. We strongly recommend that you carpool or take the CTA. The People's Church is accessible via the Lawrence Red Line station.
- ASL Interpretation will be provided for this event.
- The full schedule for the event is as follows:
- Doors open - 6:15 p.m.
- Reading & Conversation - 7 to 7:40 p.m.
- Q&A - 7:40 to 8 p.m.
- Signing - 8 to 10 p.m. (Please note: there is NO guarantee that all books will be signed. Gloria Steinem has pre-signed 200 book plates that will be distributed after the event as attendees exit the building while supplies last.)
Reading, Conversation, and Signing